Actively aid in reducing the feline overpopulation throughout Otter Tail County. We are accomplishing this mission through a TNR (trap, neuter, return) program and a rescue and adoption program to help find homes for tame cats and a Barn Cat program for special needs cats.
We accomplish this mission through a Trap-Neuter-Return program; low or no-cost spay/neuter program for qualified persons; an adoption program to assist in finding forever homes for domesticated cats; and a Barn Cat program for special needs cats.
The goals of the Friends of the Feral Cat are to:
1. Ensure each colony is trapped in its entirety so that the population growth will be zero.
2. Educate people about feral cats and the fact that euthanasia is not an effective means of controlling, or reducing population and why.
3. Obtain funding and manpower so we can help all those individuals needing assistance.
4. Increase network of foster homes so that all kittens and adoptable adult cats may have a second chance as a domestic pet.
5. Ensure every kitten and cat is sterilized before finding a new home.
Friends of the Feral Cat has altered 703 feral and free-roaming cats since April of 2009, 456 of these were female and 247 males.
One cat at a time, FOTFC is making a difference.